As the Nebraska Cornhuskers play in their college football bowl game tonight, I wanted to take this opportunity to give the Top 10 Reasons I Love Being a Nebraskan.
While I no longer live in Nebraska, I was born and raised in the great state and visit it often as my family still lives there.
Most importantly, I received my Bachelors degree from the University of Nebraska- Lincoln, where the Cornhuskers hail from.
So, my Top 10 Reasons I Love Being a Nebraskan:
10. We’re nice people. Seriously.
9. I have had to get out of my car on a country road to “approach” a cow about moving out of the way. Apparently I am scarier than my car. Who knew?
8. I took my driver’s test in the snow.
7. Aksarben. Figure it out.
6. The Omaha Zoo. It rocks.
5. We do, in fact, have plumbing.
4. Cornfields. A lot of them. And they can actually be quite pretty.
3. That even in the city, there is often a very good reason to have a dually. If you don’t know what that is, keep it to yourself. Seriously.
2. Ben Nelson for doing right by the people of Nebraska (even if many of them are too ungrateful yet to realize it!)
And reason #1…..
The Nebraska Cornhusker football team, of course!
No comments:
Post a Comment