Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Little Things

Like coffee in bed.

Not having to wake up to an alarm clock.

Not having an overly crowded schedule for the day.

So often I find myself waiting around for “big things” to happen in my life. Because apparently those “big things” are what make life so great.

But you know what?

While my life is certainly not perfect, I have a pretty darn good one going for me.

Seriously.

Today was a good day. Nothing remarkable happened but it was just a good day spent with friends and family.

Woke up when I wanted to- not when my alarm clock told me to.

Hung out with my sister and my niece a little bit this morning.

Worked out.

Drank coffee and knitted.

Had dinner with some friends and their very cute children.

And am going to wrap the night up with a latte from Starbucks, some more knitting and a movie.

Seriously.

It’s the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment