So, you might be asking yourself how those three things go together.
I am.
Seriously.
There’s a part of me that thinks I am crazy for even thinking about writing about what I am about to write about.
Did you get that?
I may have actually just confused myself.
Mmmm.
(And dad, if you’re reading this, you can stop now.)
Thanks.
Anyways. Moving on.
Boobs, butt and a bible study.
DISCLAIMER: I may be stretching topics a bit this month since I am blogging for 31 straight days and need new and interesting things to blog about each day. I mean, I don’t want people to say “don’t read that Tiffany lady’s blog. It’s boring and sooooo not creative or funny”. I want people to say “dude, you gotta check out Tiffany’s blog. It’s the coolest!”
Right?
Right.
Okay, so this week I attended my first women’s bible study at the church I’ve been attending. It was a Beth Moore study, which I love. If you’re a church going kind of gal, you MUST find a Beth Moore study to participate in- they’re great!
Anyway, in the process of the study Beth Moore states “You are blessed if what comes naturally to others comes supernaturally to you.”
So basically, those things that I may pray for over a significant amount of time and give significant thought to will be much more significant than those things that may come naturally or easily.
Makes complete sense.
But it involves patience.
Which I don’t have.
However, this quote really struck a chord with me, because as I watch many of my friends find mates, get engaged, married, have children, etc I often wonder when it will be my turn.
Seriously?!?
I'm not getting any younger.
I know that God has a plan for me but if he could speed it up, that would be just peachy.
I mean, seriously, not to toot my own horn (who am I kidding? I am totally tooting my own horn), but I would be a good catch.
I’m not stick skinny (nor will I ever be…..I come from a long line of short, pleasantly plump folk and I like my food) but seriously, I see women all the time who could put my derrière to shame (like Rhode Island v. Texas kind of shame) and they have significant others. So what is it?
I’m not a blond bombshell (that’s my sisters job) but I’m not like an ugly breed of dog where you say “they're so ugly they're cute”.
Seriously.
And….let me digress for a second…my mother and my sister- blond hair, blue eyes and skinny (like my mom weights as much as my left foot). I am dark haired, hazel eyed and…well “blessed” as they say. (And seriously…blessed…really…what the heck is that supposed to mean?)
And, I mean, beyond just the shallow looks stuff, I'm kind, smart....and entertaining if I do say so myself.
But I digress.
So, as I was pondering this concept of being blessed with all of these things I’ve prayed hard for over long periods of time, I’m a bit overwhelmed.
Why?
Because what the heck do I do if some of those prayers actually begin getting answered?
Holy crap.
Ponder that.
It’s deep.
I know because my head hurts right now.
Anyway, I think the purpose of all that is to say (without sounding too cheesy) that things happen when they are supposed to happen. And everything happens for a reason.
And if I walk the walk, I should be confident and faithful that THE plan will someday come to fruition.
But darn it if I wouldn’t like to know everything right now.
Oh Tiffany - I love reading your blog!! You make me smile...and you kind of make me want to have a blog too - but you are MUCH more creative than me!!!
ReplyDeleteWell, TQ, I must say that so far the month has begun with an enormous anticipation! Good start, but can you keep it up?
ReplyDeleteThanks Camilla! I enjoy it! And now...with LBR on the way...is a perfect time to start a blog!
ReplyDelete