Today I had the distinct pleasure of spending the whole day with my 2 year old niece, Little Miss E.
I love her dearly.
I also love being able to have privacy when I go to the bathroom.
Which apparently you don’t get when you spend the day with a 2 year old.
Although, she was very kind and offered to hold my hand while I went potty.
(It’s important to note this hand holding offer is likely stemming from the fact that when we visit a public bathroom she has to be held while she sits on the potty otherwise her little bum falls in….so I think this is her way of returning the favor.)
We went shopping for “eh-sents” for “unkie Shane, mommy, daddy, and mimis”.
We drank lots and lots of choc-e milk.
Cuddled on the couch during rest time.
(Because nap is a 4-letter word to a 2-year old).
Went grocery shopping, got a free cookie and some Nemo snacks.
Played chase.
Spents lot of time running back and forth to the potty.
Lots and lots of giggles.
Dropped presents off at a friend’s house.
And all and all and a pretty darn good day.
Even though I accidently said the f-word in front of her.
Really, really, really it was on accident.
And was directed at the car that parked next to me in the mall parking lot.
So close that I couldn’t get my niece in her car seat.
And it was raining.
And cold.
And my niece was clinging on for dear life so I wouldn't drop her and my hands were full.
And apparently those are perfect conditions for me to utter the phrase…
“You’ve got to be f-ing kidding me!”
And so it goes.
I said I was sorry and hoped to God that she didn't repeat it.
Which she hasn't.
Yet.
But other than that….a perfect Aunt Titty and Emmy’s day on the town.
And now I’m going to bed.
Thank goodness!
No comments:
Post a Comment