Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Loud Mouth Italian Chick

Well, a quarter Italian anyway.

One of the blog topic suggestions was to chat about my Italian sassiness.

I sincerely apologize; I have no idea what you mean by that.

Italian sassiness?

I have none of that.

Seriously.

Ha.

Ha.

Those of you that know me know that the Italian characteristics of my personality tend to drown out the hodge-podge of other ethnicities that make up my heritage.

In graduate school, a friend once referred to me as the “loud mouthed Italian chick from Nebraska” and, well, it just kind of stuck.

And, to be quite frank, it sums me up pretty concisely.

Loud-mouth.

Check.

Italian.

Check.

Chick.

Check.

(I don’t necessarily like that word in reference to women but since I am referring to myself I think its okay.)

So what does that mean?

That means that I sit back, never share my opinion, am quiet, perhaps what one would call a doormat.

Seriously.

Not.

That is laughable when you really think about it.

Truthfully.

It means that I have little to no filter on what comes out of my mouth, share my opinion freely even when it’s not asked for, have absolutely no problem confronting people, am ferociously protective of my family, have no patience, and on a pretty regular basis (let’s just say it and get it over with) I can be quite bitchy.

But.

I am also a compassionate, respectful, passionate about people and causes I believe in, cry when others cry in my presence, a dog-lover, niece-spoiler, I’m-your-big-sister-so-listen-to-me , don’t mess with my mama, educated, joke-telling, blessed in my life, laughter loving chick.

So there.

That’s all I have to say about that.

1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    Are you my long-lost sister? You just described me to a T! Didn't realize anybody knew me that well besides myself. and Now I find somebody who I've never even met IRL and you can do that....Wow...must be some sort of magic trick! haha

    Joni

    ReplyDelete