Sheesh, not only have I not blogged in almost three weeks, but I have not updated the status of The List is quite some time.
I have decided to tweak a few things. At first I felt a bit guilty about, essentially, changing the rules of the game part way through the game. But, it's my game. So if I want to change the rules, so be it =). It's my List, so there!
Without further ado, here goes...
As of today, the following have been crossed off The List...
1. Move
2. Get a new job
3. Finish my EdD
4. Audition for a theater production
5. Get a massage
6. Ask a guy out on a date before he asks me ;)
7. Learn how to water ski
8. Clean out my closets, basement, etc and give stuff away!
Just last night I auditioned for the local community theater's production of Steel Magnolias.... with a good majority of the female population of my town. I won't find out until later this week if I landed a role however I feel good about just getting on stage for the first time in 5 years.
My hope is to accomplish the following in the next 12 months...
1. Pay off credit cards and other misc debt
2. Pay off car
3. Hit my target weight
4. Run a 5K
5. Volunteer for a cause I care about
6. Buy a treadmill or elliptical for the house
7. Plant flowers in the yard
8. Learn to speak Italian
9. Take the dogs to obedience class
10. Take a risk
11. Go on a mission trip
12. Take a dance class
13. Take a trip with my sister for a “Girls Trip”
The following are items that are still on The List...
1. Read the entire Bible
2. Go on a cruise
3. Knit an entire blanket
4. Camp and hike in a national park
5. Take a trip w/ my dad
6. Learn how to do pottery
7. Read one book from an author I’ve not read before for every book I have purchased but not read
8. Go white water rafting
9. Go to Italy
10. Plant a vegetable garden
11. Take a cooking class
If you're keeping track, that's only 32 items. The List is called "35 Things To Do Before I Turn 35". So, what are the other 3 items?
They are private.
That's it.
Nothing big.
Just none of anyone else's business.
That's a lot of stuff still to do.
I better get busy!
No comments:
Post a Comment