Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Couch to 5k: Day 1

Well, I survived.

And that’s saying something.

Yesterday I did the first work-out in the 8-week training for a 5k I will be doing in June. The instructions were to run for 60 seconds and then walk for 90 seconds over the course of 20 minutes.

Nothing too complicated.

Says the chick that just about tripped while looking at her watch to time her 60 and 90 second intervals.

Things I learned:

     • I may actually be able to do this.

     • My city is relatively flat- which is good.

     • That when you first start running/jogging the aftermath does not just include achy legs, but an achy body.

     • That un-kept and/or broken up sidewalks are a huge hazard.

I am a bit achy this morning but nothing too bad. Today is just a regular walking day for me and then another work-out tomorrow.  The work-outs are set up for 3 a week so the plan is to do them every other day.

I am pleasantly surprised at how well yesterday went- you can do just about anything for 60 seconds so it’s an easy way to ease into the whole running concept. I am hoping that I can keep this positive attitude going!

No comments:

Post a Comment