Well, it’s that time of year where we are supposed to express our thanks for all the wonderful things in our life.
And trust me when I say I have a lot to be thankful for…and I am thankful for it…
But I don’t want to talk about it.
Seriously.
That would be SO very, very boring.
I would much rather talk about the things I am big “T” Thankful for….
Like….
I am so Thankful for my neighbors upstairs who must all be big-foot in disguise given how loudly they stomp…I mean walk…up the steps.
Seriously.
If you walk softly….I won't hit you with my big stick. (That’s just my little take on Teddy Roosevelt‘s old adage).
I am so Thankful that I no longer have a backyard in which to let the dogs out…instead I get to stand in the pouring rain and bond with them while they search for the perfect place in which to do their business and then finally….after 15 minutes of looking for the Holy Grail of places to pee…doing their business.
Seriously.
I am big “T” Thankful for the free laundry that my landlord provides.
I am even more (like double big “T”) Thankful for the Silence with the Lambs-ish type basement in which I get to do this laundry.
Seriously.
It’s just awesome.
I am Thankful that in my quest to be the flexible new person I agreed to host the judicial training in the morning.
At 7:45 a.m.
What the hell was that about?
Seriously.
They are going to pick up on the fact that I am a big “B”….itch whether I agree to meet at 7:45 A.M. or not.
I am Thankful that college students (with the exceptions of the few that thought a 7:45 A.M. meeting was a good idea) have all their meetings after 9 p.m.
I mean…why would I want to go to bed? What’s sleep?
And they wonder why I am such a “B”….
It's becuase I never get any flip'n sleep.
Duh.
In all seriousness….life is pretty good and I am thankful.
Most days.
Just not for alarm clocks.
No comments:
Post a Comment