Thursday, July 2, 2009

And so it began....

Okay...so I've never written a blog before and it's fair to say that my commitment to any sort of journal writing on a regular basis has been less than stellar. But, I absolutely love being able to keep up with my friends and family across the country via their blogs. Although, I must admit, that their lives seem to be a bit more exciting than mine-but I digress.

So, why would I want to share my life, or at least parts of it, with you, and the world, via this blog? Well, it all began when I read a novel titled "The Next Thing On My List" (a great book recommended by my friend Lisa). To make a long story short, two young women are in a car accident. One survives, one does not. The woman who survives finds a list the deceased woman had made about 20 things she would like to do before she turned 25. The surviving woman decides to finish list.

As I read this novel I began thinking...wow...that's a great concept. I always talk about things I would like to do "someday". Well, when is "someday"? When does "someday" become today!?? And so the quest began.

After several drafts and consultations with many friends, I developed "TQ's List of 35 Things To Do Before Turning 35". So, what's on this list? Lots of stuff that I always said I wanted to do, but have never set a deadline, made a plan, etc to accomplish. I am going to share most of the list on this blog. Some of the items are a bit more private than others and are, quite frankly, none of your business =).

So...here it is..."TQ's List of 35 Things To Do Before Turning 35" (in no particular order)

1. Pay off my credit cards
2. Pay off my car
3. Go to Italy
4. Hit my target weight (which you will NEVER know ;)
5. Read the entire Bible
6. Go on a cruise
7. Learn how to do pottery
8. Knit an entire blanket
9. Run a 5K
10. Camp and hike in a national park
11. Take a trip w/my dad
12. Take a trip w/my sister
13. Participate in some sort of "big sister" program
14. Finish my EdD
15. Read all the books I've purchased but never read
16. Go white water rafting
17. Take a risk!
18. Go snow skiing
19. Audition for a theater production
20. Plant a vegetable garden
21. Plant a flower garden
22. Learn to speak Italian
23. Take a cooking class
24. Take a dance class
25. Take the dogs to obedience class
26. Get a massage
27. Ask a guy on a date before he asks me
28. Water ski
29. Clean out my closets, basement, etc and GIVE STUFF AWAY!
30. Buy a treadmill or elliptical for my house

As you can see there are only 30 things on this list...that's because I am choosing to keep 5 things to myself =). I may share them one day but for now it's between me and the list!

As I continue (hopefully) my commitment to this blog, I will update you on the status of the list and why certain things are on the list!

My hope is that by putting it out there for all the world to see, I will be accountable to actually completing the list!

1 comment:

  1. ooo ooo am I the first commenter EVER? I have a running mental list kinda like this, but as my mental state deteriorates, maybe I should write it down...

    ReplyDelete