Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow + People = Stupid People

Seriously.

And I know I shouldn’t call people stupid. When I am done writing this I will go put myself in time-out.

Promise.

But, seriously, come on people.

Since I got back to Illinois this weekend, all I have been hearing about is how this major storm is going to hit this week.

5-7 inches of snow. High winds. Blizzard like conditions.

Given that I just got back from Nebraska, the 5-7 inches of snow did not seem like such a big deal. And often it’s not the snow that’s the issue. It’s the high winds that make visibility suck.

But anyway.

Another issue is stupid people.

Seriously.

Last night I made the mistake of trying to go grocery shopping.

Good gravy.

It was capitol “I” insane.

And the driving.

Holy crap, people.

Snow does not mean that we go 10 miles an hour.

I understand being cautious, but seriously, going that slow on a main road is dangerous.

Especially if I am behind you.

Seriously.

So, people, if you must be stupid when it comes to snow, do the rest of us a favor and stay home.

Seriously.


2 comments:

  1. Have you been to Hannibal to do the Mark Twain thing? My folks live there. Be sure to say Hi.

    ej

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't yet...I really need to get out more often! =)

    ReplyDelete