"The golden moments in the stream of life rush past us, and we see nothing but sand; the angels come to visit us, and we only know them when they are gone."~George Eliot
I am trying to do a better job lately of reminding myself of the good things in life.
Like Starbucks after lunch.
During my daily conversations with God I always ask for the ability to focus on the blessings in my life.
Which is easier said than done.
It's so much easier to think about all the trips I haven’t gotten to take, all the money I don’t have, all the weight I still do, the disagreements I have with those I love, etc.
When, in fact, my life is pretty good.
I have two dogs, who I adore, and on most days I think they adore me.
Not on the days they poo inside but that’s another story.
A job I love. On most days.
Or the fact that I have a nice warm bed to crawl into at night when there are millions of people across the world that would give anything for that one simple act.
Or that I have a niece who tells me to “Be careful, Aunt Titty” when we talk about the snow.
Or that I get random texts from friends wishing me a good day or telling me that they are thankful that I am in their life.
Or that the people I work with at my new job asked me the other day if I was going to get my license plate changed to my new state. When I responded yes, they sighed with relief and said “Oh good. That means you’re staying!”
Or a little sister that makes me smile with her lengthy texts when she could just pick up the phone and call (which is what I do after I get the text because I’m not about to text a novel back)
Or a dad that makes me smile, even when I’m trying to be mad about something.
Don’t you just hate that?
Seriously.
It’s the good life.
I’m telling you.
It’s good to me.
Seriously.
No comments:
Post a Comment