Monday, October 5, 2009

Not Me Monday!



Okay, I’ve never done a Not Me Monday! Post before. They started here (http://www.mycharmingkids.net/) which is a blog I enjoy reading. And although I don’t have children, I most definitely still have “not me” moments.

So what are “not me” moments….they are moments that you have lived through that you would, on most days, not share with other people =). Consider this a confessional of sorts.

Here goes nothing!

I most definitely did not pack blankets that needed to be washed (like blatantly smelled like dog kind of need to be washed) for the new move only because I needed them to serve as “cushion” for breakable things. Not washing the blankets before packing them would be disgusting and I would never do that….

I did not take out only the pants I wanted to wear out of the dryer and leave everything else in the dryer because I didn’t feel like folding it and/or staring at the basket full of laundry that needs to be folded.

I did not wear slacks to work today that need to be ironed, but not iron them, because I don’t have meetings today with anyone so therefore it’s okay that I have on wrinkled pants.

I did not say to a student I was meeting with last week to stop “bull$&^%%)#@” me because I was D.O.N.E done with his attitude. I would never curse at a student, that is unprofessional and I am never unprofessional.

I did not send a phone call at work straight to voicemail becuase the caller ID indicated it was someone I didn't feel like talking to. I would never do that to a coworker.

I did not laugh at my 2-year old niece when she said “hot mess” after I said it in reference to cleaning her face. Because a 2-year old using the phrase “I’m a hot mess” would not be appropriate and not at all giggle worthy!

I did not bribe my 2-year old niece with a present as long as she didn’t cry when her mother left. I do not believe in bribing small children. I have also not already taken said 2-year old niece shopping so much that she does not respond “present” when you ask her what she gets when she goes shopping and she does not respond “and get a bag” when you tell her that it’s time to go pay for her present.

So, there are my “not me” moments. Enjoy!

1 comment: