Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Neon Signs

For quite some time now I have been praying for (actually begging if the truth be told) for a neon sign to say “Tiffany, please do this with your life”. I don’t deal in subtleties, don’t take risks and must always be in control so making life altering decision is not something I do lightly!

With that said, I recently received what I believe to be the neon sign I have been begging for.

For those of you that don’t know, I have been on the lookout for other job opportunities in a different city. For a variety of reasons, Sioux City has never quite felt like home and I felt like I had accomplished quite a bit during my time at BCU so perhaps it was a good time to begin looking.

And nothing happened.

For a long time.

Testing my patience.

But then…..

The sign.

A university with a name almost identical to my last name in a city of the same name.

I rocked the phone interview and thoroughly enjoyed my conversation with the search committee.

I visited campus and loved it. Enough great stuff going on, great potential but with enough challenges to keep me busy and motivated. A city in the Midwest on the river with a quaint New England-ish feel to it with lots to do and be involved in.

And the first thing I saw as I drove into town?

The community theater.

On the “35 Things To Do list….”

Audition for another show….

But I digress!

I did an on-campus interview on a Friday and got offered the job Tuesday morning.

I want to wait a bit to buy a house so one of my biggest worries going into moving was finding a place to rent that would let me have my two dogs. So, I called a realtor on Tuesday afternoon to see if there was anyone who might be able to help me out.

She said she would definitely talk to the others in her office but she may have a house I was interested in and they would allow dogs.

Well, hot damn.

Nothing. I mean nothing in my life ever goes this smoothly.

Another sign?

I like to think so….

No comments:

Post a Comment