Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Feeling like a boomerang....

As I transition out of my role and life in Sioux City, make plans for the move to Quincy and my new role and life there I feel a bit like a boomerang.

I’m on my way there and then…BAM….I’m turning around and coming back.

It’s been three years since I moved to Sioux City. To say that I’ve accumulated some stuff while I’ve been here would be an understatement! When I moved into my current house, I had lived on campus for a L.O.N.G time and hence had little to no furniture to speak of. I know have a three bedroom, 2-story house full of crap. This whole process of packing and moving, while exciting, is also a pain in the patootie.

To more humorously express how I feel about life right now I have hijacked the following quotes for your reading pleasure.

QUOTE: There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it. Oscar Wilde
MY LIFE: I’ve wanted to move for awhile now and now I actually “get it”….and everything that comes along with changing jobs, moving, etc.

QUOTE: There are good days and there are bad days, and this is one of them. Lawerence Welk
MY LIFE: This is my life…everyday!

QUOTE: It's possible, you can never know, that the universe exists only for me. If so, it's sure going well for me, I must admit. Bill Gates
MY LIFE: Well duh….this is an exciting time in “TQ’s world”, new job, new town….etc. etc. And of course, we all know that in my world it revolves around one thing….ME =)

QUOTE: Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save. Will Rogers
MY LIFE: Now that I am moving on I feel like everything that I’ve ever wanted to do in Sioux City, at BCU, etc MUST happen in the next 4 weeks….even though I’ve had three years to do it!

QUOTE: After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I WANT TO SEE THE MANAGER." William Burroughs
MY LIFE: What someone would say if they walked into my house right now ;)

QUOTE: Life's more amusing than we thought. Andrew Lang
MY LIFE: Well, my life is just amusing.

And the rest of these quotes…well, I just liked them…they fit into life right now and that’s it!

In the game of life, it's a good idea to have a few early losses, which relieves you of the pressure of trying to maintain an undefeated season.

Life is pain, princess. . . anyone who says differently is selling something. ----Wesley The Princess Bride

Just when you think there's light at the end of the tunnel, you discover it's an on-coming train. (This is what I think every time I think I have a room of packing done…I turn around and my crap seems to have multiplied!)

And now, tying back into the boomerang reference at the beginning…..every day (well, almost every day, if you don’t count the “sick” time I have taken or will be taking since apparently you get penalized for not taking a sick day and don’t get them paid out….but that’s a whole other story!) I come to work where I focus on the here and now, what needs to get done, etc. Then I go home where I pack and my focus is on when I leave.

While I will surely enjoy the change once it happens, I’m not so much enjoying the “transition” time….but (at least at this point) it’s nothing a good glass of wine can’t cure!

No comments:

Post a Comment