Friday, May 14, 2010

A Letter To Emmy

To Lil’ Miss Emmy-

Today you turn 3! I don’t know that I ever expected to fall in love with someone as much as I have with you.

So, as you enter the big girl world of The Threes, I would like to take this opportunity to tell you (and the rest of the world) what it is that I absolutely adore about you.

I adore that you call me Aunt Titty.

Although if you could avoid screaming it in public places, like that time at the zoo, that would be great.

I adore your dimple.

Like in this picture where I love to think you look at least a little bit like me.


I adore the sound of your giggle.

I adore that when I find you when we are playing hide-n-go-seek you say “Hi!” like you’ve just found a long lost friend.

I adore how you hide in open spaces. Or at least used to…when you were only 2. But you’re 3 now so you might learn how to hide.

I adore curling up and taking an afternoon nap with you.

I adore that your pants are too big with your big girl pants on and you pretty consistently walk around with a plumber’s crack.

Live it up, kiddo. It’s the only time in your life when that’s cute!

I love that you have such a great relationship with your Unkie Shane.

He’s a good guy. And he can’t stand to hear you cry. Keep that in mind when you’re 16 and want a car.

I love getting to see Mimi’s be your grandma.

Even if she does give into you when she shouldn’t….and she knows she shouldn’t… but she just can’t help herself.

I adore that you have such a large personality for such a small lil’ thing.

Like when you yelled into the phone that “I can’t talk to your right now Aunt Titty. I am covering my ears”.

I adore (secretly, of course) that you can kick butt and take names at daycare.

I know I shouldn’t. But I love that you don’t take anyone’s crap…even at the ripe old age of three.

(And just to clarify, I don’t mean that you actually kicked anyone’s butt….but you certainly can take toys away with a vengeance!)

I mean, seriously…


They should know that Emmy rules the world.

I adore that you will dance with me in the car.

I adore that (at least for a little bit) I was the only one you would let put pigtails in your hair.

I adore that ten years from now you will be a teenager, I will be your cool aunt that takes you shopping and then sends your attitude filled booty back to your mom.

Because, quite frankly, karma’s a you–know- what and your mom was no peach growing up.

By the way….I adore getting to watch my lil’ sister be a mom.

I adore that you make our whole family happy in a way that would not be possible without you.

The sound of your voice makes me smile. Your sassiness makes me giggle. You will always make me proud.

Happy Birthday Emmy! I love you!

Aunt Titty

No comments:

Post a Comment